About

by - April 01, 2018


Dress up, stay inside, overthink life.


Welcome to Fashioned by Pluche! A blog created for all overthinkers, pseudo-intellectuals and daydreamers who love to look at the nitty-gritty of things! This is the place to get inspired, be entertained and look-and-point at the weirdness and wonders of life...

Who am I?

My name is Dominique, a 20-something wannabe genius trying to find brilliance through blogging. I'm currently studying Gender Studies and I'm a qualified Cultural Heritage professional (can I get a whoop whoop?!). Both studies help shaping my relentless questioning mind that's never fully grown out of the toddler 'but why?' stage.

Although I claim to love dressing up, I generally live my life in pj's and only get 'properly' dressed when it's absolutely needed. Luckily Sarah, my undeniably adorable black-and-tan Jack Russell pup, doesn't mind...

My story

After many pros and cons lists, this blog was finally founded during the spring of 2013. Initially aimed as a fashion blog but soon/immediately converted into a personal lifestyle blog dedicated to 'all the things I can potentially scrutinise for fun'. Finally finding a purpose for my continuous anxiety induced stream-of-consciousness cynicism.

So if you love to analyse everything critically, think about the simple things for so long they become complicated and do all this while twirling your imaginary Poirot-moustache, you're at the right address! From dissecting fashion trends to smashing the patriarchy, nothing gets spared. Think of it as exercising your brain, leaping from one thought to another exclaiming "well that's interesting/weird/far fetched!".

Want to know more?

Here are 10 random facts about me!

  1. I've always felt too old. Even as a 9 year old I would sigh dramatically and complain about my age, worrying I wasn't living up to it
  2. I've never ever moved house ever...
  3. I've got a small nose, but even smaller nasal cavities. Mine are so small that when I was younger they've surgically removed some bone to make room
  4. My favourite animal are dogs and basically my whole life is designed around one
  5. I speak song lyrics as a second language. A particular favourite of mine is: "So I make a dress from my sorrows, and shoes from my sadness and dance all the way into love" from Beauty Remains by Paloma Faith
  6. Although I know almost every song lyric by heart and am not afraid to proof it, my singing voice will make your ears bleed
  7. The first social media platform I joined was Hyves, a Dutch social media platform similar to MySpace #rip
  8. My favourite colour is green
  9. When I was younger I wanted to be 'something in fashion', an art historian and an actor (still do)
  10. The only Disney movies you'll need to see are 101 Dalmatians and The Aristocats #fightme

Some of my favourite blogposts

On Fashioned by Pluche you can expect posts on fashion, lifestyle and personal anecdotes from an intersectional feminist, philosophical and brain farts point of view; all written while safely tucked away under a duvet. Don't know where to start? Let me help you!


Fashioned by Pluche has been featured in Local Riot Mag issue #9 Letters (page 62-63) and on Trashfashion as a Trashfashionista.



This blog is dedicated to my mother and grandmother. I wish one day I'll be as cool as you.

You May Also Like

0 comments