About Pluche

by - May 12, 2013

There are approximately millions, if not billions, of blogs out here in the digital world. So why not add another one? It can't harm anymore... or atleast I don't think so.

As long as I have had access to the internet, I have wanted a blog. However thinking about it and actually “having” a blog are two entirely different things. So I have made a small step for man, one giant leap for mankind, and decided to just “do it”. And here I am, a new blogger with already delusions of grandeur.


Where does “Fashioned by Pluche” origins from? Well, It all started back in the 90's when my mom decided to violently pop out two children. Two lovely girls who self evidently ought to get dressed. And so she did. Whole collections she made, like her mother had done before her (who of course enthousiasticly helped her along the way dressing the new generation).

As a graduate from a Fashion Vocational School in Amsterdam, she wanted to give her collections some extra grace. Naturally she came up with the name Pluche (based on the wild curly hair of my older sibling). Though her target was small scaled, she provided every piece with a handmade tag that said “Fashioned by Pluche”.

And indeed, after all these years, I have adapted the name and turned it into a blog: An ode to my mother and lately deceased grandmother. Thank you for making my world turn around and I will never forget the love we have shared.

So yeah, welcome to my blog...

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments