March Favourites 2015

by - April 03, 2015


Easter-edition!

What a wind, ay?! I'd almost fallen over yesterday at the bus stop after a swirl of wind hit me in the back. In Germany they've even raised the bar and baptised it into a hurricane. Luckily it's all calmed down now (but who knows for the future... dum dum dum dummmmmm).

Shall we put the wind aside and take it all on to a lighter breeze? ;) I thought it to be a good idea to turn my favourites into a more streamlined process, so as of now I've categorized my loving into different sections (oh how original). Every section can contain more than one loving adventure (because my love ain't dictated by the rulezz).

I do believe that we've all been tired of this phrase, but my oh my I can't believe it's already April! April! That's like 1/3 of the year, which basically means it's almost Christmas and New Year and then... But first naturally Easter. Oh Easter… I don't really know what to do on Easter. We mostly have breakfast together and then the day is just up for grabs. Holidays always makes me feel as if I'm supposed to do something very into the spirit of it, but what then? Looking for eggs? Cuddling a sheep? Or, idk, eating chocolate all day? Whatever it is you're supposed to do, let's get crackin' with les favorites...


QUOTE

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: 
when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
Charles Dickens  

SONG

COLOUR 
Blue

FASHION

There's nothing like a long black coat to save you from the harsh environments. Mine is from the Charity shop and is very oversized (that's the way I like it). This coat has saved me through some cold days and is still perfect for spring time (because basically the days haven't been any warmer since).

BEAUTY

This month I was really into the red lipstick. Also black clothing (hence the big black coat). I always like the combination of black clothes with red lipstick (and my pale skin to contrast it all). Also red lipstick is great because you don't have to do much to get an impression. In the morning I don't have any time to loose, so a red lipstick can make you seem more alive in just a few seconds. What's not to love?  

SMELL
Black Opium by YSL



ART

BOOKS

The Second Book of General Ignorance: Everything you think you know is still wrong by John Lloyd & John Mitchinson with an introduction by Dr Stephen Fry.

TV/FILM

FOOD

I've fallen in love with Greek Style frozen Yoghurt with vanilla honey caramel from Ben & Jerry's. It's so nice and smooth and tasty and fresh and, well basically all that I seek in a good ice cream. It's gluten free and just made to melt on my tongue. Lately I've been making a combination of Greek yoghurt and Karamel Sutra (also from Ben & Jerry's) and although they're quite in contrast of taste, it's a combination I'd certainly recommend to make... 

INTERNET

I so badly want to go to Nick Waplington/Alexander McQueen: Working Progress. Also The Poor Man's Picture Gallery: Stereoscopy versus Paintings in the Victorian Era sounds very interesting.

RANDOM

It's important to look after yourself and as I'm missing a lot vitamines due to my diet, it's important to get some elsewhere. Now my main problem with this is that often the 'coating' of such supplements will contain gluten, but not this one! These vitamines are gluten free, lactose free and sugar free... May I get a hallelujah! 


I hope you're not already getting tired of this mug, because I love it so much! I know that basically everyone has one (and normally that would make me not like it or at least buy it), but I just love how it looks! It's just got so much potential in the design that it really doesn't matter what you put into it. I've also got one for my sister and she fills it up with water to put beside her bed (she always has a glass of water during the night in case she gets thirsty –I guess- and because of the lit, the water doesn't get dirty or whatever. So that's great too).

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments