Weekly List of Loves

by - November 23, 2015


You dance love, you dance joy, and you dance dreams. And I know if I can make you smile 
by jumping over a couple of couches or running through a rainstorm, 
then I'll be very glad to be a song and dance man.
Gene Kelly

Brightly coloured faux fur is on top of my list this season. Or any season really. Even when it's 30 degrees outside, just hook me up! I know it's become quite the same as flowers for spring (aka 'groundbraking'), but yeah... individualism is a myth anyway... I've got a most amazing green faux fur coat laying pridely in the backlog of my sewing pile (preferably with a matching hat if I can squeeze it out of there).

Never have I ever felt as excited about coloured pictures as I did when finding this Tumblr. Painters in Color is true to its name and gives you -who might've guessed it- pictures of painters in colour. Think of all the great French like Gauguin, Renoir, Bonnard etc. But also some surprising, and I must say almost unrecognizable, Pablo Picasso (together with Amedeo Modigliani) is in store.

It's finally here! Adele's new album 25 is one to put under the Christmas tree (or rather: one to put on repeat while you sobbingly sing along to it). I love Adele and I must say that I love this album. It gives you the stuff you'd expect from her (aka songs you can sobbingly sing along to), but simultaneously shows you a 'new' side of herself sound-wise (the second track on the album for instance isn't your classic Adele song and that's what makes it very strong and fresh).

I've been obsessed this week with Gene Kelly. I mean, just type his name into Youtube and you'll find the most amazing, uplifting and energetic performances. I'm especially addicted to his dance scenes, as they are just phenomenal (and to think that he wasn't that keen on dancing when he was younger). He was so much more than just a song and dance man. Have you seen 'The Pirate Ballet' from the 1948 film The Pirate? Or in total contrast to that -from the same film- 'Be a Clown' with Judy Garland? It's pure genius! The things he could do with his body are just amazing! So talented! So wishing I hadn't two left feet!

What's on your list of loves this week?

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Adele is my favorite for this week.
    Can't get enough of her.
    So turn the volume up. ......

    love, Marjan

    ReplyDelete