Monthly Playlist: #brokenheartclub

by - February 03, 2019

This picture depicts someone holding up a vinyl of Blondie Eat To The Beat album.

The heart was made to be broken, so why not give it an extra push?

I was very tempted to make this playlist just a loop of Jeremy Jordan singing Don't Speak (my a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e favourite version, if not the only correct way to sing it, including passive aggressively hushing the band). But there are just so many amazing bittersweet tunes, it would be a shame to not mention at least one or two of them. I think the break-up song is one of my favourites because it embodies both fragility and strength, desperateness and hope, and it isn't afraid to get a lil' bit weird (yes, I'm still looking at you Jordan). This month's playlist plays with this tension between madness and euphoria, giving a new interpretation of what it means to love one another. Welcome to the Broken Heart Club! 💔

FEBRUARY PLAYLIST: #brokenheartclub

  1. Hanging On The Telephone - Blondie
  2. Trouble With My Baby - Paloma Faith
  3. Don't Speak - No Doubt
  4. Respect - Aretha Franklin
  5. Send My Love To Your New Lover - Adele
  6. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
  7. Nothing Ever Hurt Like You - James Morrison
  8. After You've Gone - Hugh Laurie
  9. Broken - Jake Bugg
  10. Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley
  11. Leave Me Be - The Zombies
  12. Two Ghosts - Harry Styles
  13. Sick Of Losing Soulmates - Dodie
  14. Let Me Out - The Veronicas
  15. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
  16. Delilah - Tom Jones
  17. Get Out Of My Way - Joe Torres
  18. Animal - Badflower
  19. Goody Goody - Lady Gaga & Tony Bennet
  20. I Ain't Got Nobody - Gloria Dee (Grantchester)
  21. Get Over You - McFly
  22. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
  23. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse
  24. Tired Of Being Alone - Al Green
  25. Inside My Head - Di-Rect
  26. Million Reasons - Lady Gaga
  27. Too Good At Goodbyes - Sam Smith
  28. Love Only Leaves You Lonely - Paloma Faith

You can also listen to the playlist on Spotify!



Which song will be your anthem this month? Let me know in the comments below!



Love me do? Follow Fashioned by Pluche on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook too!



This picture depicts someone holding up a vinyl of Blondie Eat To The Beat album. On top of the picture it states "February Playlist" and at the bottom "www.fashionedbypluche.blogspot.com".

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wat een gave playlist!!!
    Er staan een paar van mijn all time favorites op.....❤

    xx Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ik wist het! Maar tbh Adele is ieders favourite ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh, love this playlist!!! So many good songs. Million Reasons by Lady Gaga is one of my favourites, hands down. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Million Reasons is a phenomenal song! It always makes me emotional... (so perfect to listen to when sitting on the train, she said, while dramatically wiping away a tear). ;)

      Delete