IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU SHOULDA PUT A PIN ON IT | DIY

by - November 06, 2014


I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm a hoarder, but sometimes it's just so hard to let go of things. For me one of the hardest things is to throw away empty packaging. Especially when this packaging is basically beautiful. I just don't want to waste it! For example: the moment I tossed my old Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Crème pot into the bin, a feeling of guilt overflowed me and I picked it up again as if my life depended on it...

But instead of dwelling upon the shame, I made a plan. A milieu friendly plan. Instead of tossing I could also reuse it. Recycle and stuff. How DIY.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED
  • The lid of an old (beautiful) packaging which doesn't deserve tossing
  • A hot glue gun (with additional glue)
  • An old button or safety pin or someting similar...

WHAT YOU'LL DO
  • Get your old lid and turn it around (the good side facing the surface).
  • Get your hot glue gun and smear some glue on it.
  • Put the pin into the hot glue and wait for it to dry.
  • Pin it all onto something and tada, your meal is ready to be served! Wait, what??

Nice Snoopy PJ's...

This can naturally be done with A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. For instance this little fella above used to be the lid of a Chanel nailpolish until my mum dropped it and it broke. *gasp* *heart attack* Luckily only the lid broke and not, like, the whole thing. Also lucky that Chanel nailpolish has got two lids (one decorative lid and one practical -with brush- lid). So I naturally grabbed my glue gun and the rest is history... Instead of splurging a thousand or so euros for a Chanel brooch, I've created my own that in some way one can state isn't fake. Fake isn't cool. Semi-fake is DIY.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Love,
Dominique


TumblrTwitter ♥ InstagramPinterestYoutube

You May Also Like

0 comments