I'M LOVING IT | OCTOBER

by - November 02, 2014

It's back! Last month I really didn't feel like showing my love to the outer world. This month however I'm rockin and rollin all over the place again and how. Well, that's what you're about to find out if you keep reading. If not, than you'll never know and it'll be a lost to the world... Don't believe me? Well it's up to you, honey. Just don't come crying to me, because I've warned ya! jk. You won't miss much. But still. Worth a try. Are you still reading this? If so, kudos on you! If not, well, not much ado about nothing (if ya get what I mean).


After not having used it this whole summer, I fall in love all over again with my YSL radiant blusher in #1. During the summer I've solidly relied on the power of the Chanel cream blush in #69 Intonation which is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It's very pigmented and you just need a tiny amount and you're settled. However, the YSL blusher is also very nice and basically the exact opposite. It's a bit less pigmented in my opinion but the colour is more autumnal (I suspect the peach). Thus perfect for the current season!


Talking about YSL, I got a "new" perfume! I've typed new accompanied with quotation marks because the perfume I'm referring to used to be my mum's, but she didn't like the smell of it. And since we've got the opposite of skin smell, I'd happily freed her from this burden. Just to be clear, somehow my mum and I have this thing whereby anything that smells good on her, smells absolutely horrible on me and vice versa. Flower Bomb from Viktor&Rolf? Thumbs up for my mum. Chanel #5? Thumbs up for me. Sometimes it comes quite in handy. Sometimes it's a burden we have to live with.


The specific perfume (and bodylotion) is called Parisienne and I find it a very sweet smell, but not like in your face headachy as if you're a walking candyshop kind of sweet. Just a moderate sweetness, I guess. Bit rosy... Would've made a perfect summer smell next to my Mademoiselle one, but you can't always get what you want. And somehow I'm really digging the contrast of my smell and my surroundings. Besides, the bottle is proper pretty and looks quite vintage-y, which is way up my street. My mum's already sprayed the first half and a bit into thin air, but ya know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth...

In other news:
I've got some new sunglasses, because hey, it's not like it's autumn/winter and it's constantly raining and everything is dark and grey and... wait a minute! My mum saw them in a drugstore and I just could not not get them. There really was no option, trust me. So now I've been doomed to walk around with them inside the house (which is a danger in itself because inside it's even darker than outside. Which I love btw. I love this kind of weather. But I also love sunglasses. Dilemmas, dilemmas...).


I also got myself some new tweezers, which isn't that exciting... But look, There's a matryoshka (better known as a babushka) on top of it! I love myself some matryoshka and am on the look out for one to sit on my bookcase. The tweezers I got are btw from Max & More Makeup.

Little Wikipedia history lesson:
The first matryoshka doll aka the Russian nesting doll was carved in 1890 by Vasily Zvyozdochkin from a design by Sergey Malyutin. And that's sadly almost everything Wikipedia can tell me. However I'm not leaving you on that note yet: The word matryoshka comes from the Latin word mater meaning mother. Matryoshka also translates to little matron and "is a diminutive form of the Russian female first name 'Matryona'". As Russiapedia has just enlighten me (who knew such a thing as Russiapedia excisted...): "In old Russian, the name Matryona or Matriosha was very popular among peasants. Thus, the name is connected to the image of a mother of a big peasant family."

Now a matryoshka doll often gets (mistakenly, but I won't hold it against you, I've been there too) called babushka which in Russian means grandmother or elderly woman. Also a babushka is "an Anglicised term for a woman's headscarf tied below the chin, originally worn by Russian elderly women, but now Europe-wide." Just so you know.


This October was also my birthday (as is every October since my birth) and I got some nice presents from my peeps. Yo. (just felt that needed a yo). You've probably already met my newest members of my coat collection. Some nice coats indeed. I also got this cute tea cup by Bloomingville from my aunty, which I funnily enough also gave as a birthday present to a friend. As getting that present I was contemplating to get one myself but didn't and then regretted it. But now I've got one so everything turned out to be fine. Nay, wonderful. From this same friend -who's now my mug twin- I got a cute little notebook with pen for "blog ideas or random notes or, well, anything you want really". Isn't that sweet? Also, you wouldn't believe it, I initially wanted to give her exactly the same things (I even had the same colour notebook in my hands), but went for the mug instead. I mean, I'm just weirdly psychic I guess... Also if you want to check "this friend" out, you can do so by clicking here, which will direct you to her blog.

And that's it folks! Please let me know what y'all been loving this month! Or not. (looking at the silence down the comment section I'd suspect not. You don't have to feel guilty about it, though *she types with one single salty tear slowly sliding down her cheek like Johnny Depp in Cry-Baby. Gosh, I wish I had his cheekbones*)

Love,
Dominique


TumblrTwitter ♥ InstagramPinterestYoutube

You May Also Like

0 comments