16 Things I've Learned in 2016
Picture from Alexa Chung's Instagram
Woman: I am from a small town and I can tell you exactly what that means.
JO: Well that's exactly what I want you to do.
Woman: It's real people, real values, common sense...
JO: Can you be more generic?
And other generic sentences...
Although I can hardly remember anything that happened from September onwards, I thought it to be fun to reminisce a little bit about this monstrosity that's called 2016. It's been a year of ups and downs. And downs. And downs. And downs. (When you thought we'd finally hit ground zero, it would show its ugly face with a smile only the Devil could love). I think most of us will remember 2016 as 'it's complicated' (or, you know, the first steps to eternal damnation without relief). However after rain comes sunshine and it's said that you learn the most from making mistakes, right? So here are 16 things I've learned in 2016... I couldn't make them anymore generic...
16 THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN 2016
- Nobody sees what you see, nobody cares like you care.
- Believe in yourself because otherwise you would cease to exist and that would be quite a shame wouldn't it?
- Sometimes people are just stupid and you should let them be.
- Sometimes people are just stupid and you should do everything to fight their stupidity.
- The colours green and pink go lovely together.
- Be specific.
- If not specific: be consistend.
- If not consistent: run away as fast as you can and don't look back.
- You shouldn't be ashamed of eating directly from the chocolate spread jar, just don't do it when there's a possibility of an audience, because it's not a side you'll want to share in public (seriously).
- Go against your own instincts because although the heart can't think it sometimes knows best (and other times it doesn't, but that's alright, perfection is a stupid word anyway).
- Being stuck in a rut is fine as long as it's a rut you're stuck in and not, like, you know, 'emotions'.
- Sending stuff to America/Canada is bloody expensive.
- Having a plan is great but if you don't follow that plan it still means nothing.
- You always need to be prepared to improvise (so why plan anything, ey?!).
- A (white) lie doesn't kill anyone, but neither will the truth. Or at least...
- This is not the end of the world. Yet.
Picture also from Alexa Chung's insta... because... why not?
My overall feelings on 2016:
What have you picked up from this horrible, horrible year? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!