3 Fun & Inspiring Things I've Done Since My Last Blogpost

by - September 03, 2018


From rubbing my tongue against an avocado to finally getting that double bed, this summer-holiday really revolved around me, me, me. But not in a selfish way (well, a bit in a selfish way). Sometimes it's just better to close your eyes than to angrily stare at your own reflection, if you get what I mean. This includes taking a step back, *breathe in, breathe out*, and recollect yourself before diving into the second-half of yet another stressful year. But before shouting 'bring it on!' to your teacher/boss/lunch lady, take another deep breath and sadly but optimistically sing "summer dreams ripped at the seams but oh those summer nights". Who knows, you might see your Sandy sooner than later! This is what I've been up to this summer... ("tell me 'bout it, stud")

1. I wrote my name in an exhibition space

And it wasn't an act of vandalism! This August I worked on the exhibition Resist! Take A Stand In Fashion. The exhibition is a collaboration between the Open Space Contemporary Art Museum (OSCAM) and Modemuze. It features four photographers who've created new interpretations of museum collection pieces that translates the historic piece de résistance to today's fashionable battle field. Think scandalous swimwear, radical rainbows and unique uniforms. Every photographer teamed up with a Modemuze-blogger and a Modemuze-editor (c'est moi!) who've written alongside the photos a blogpost/exhibition text. Although this exhibition was pulled together in a very short time, it really radiates the care, passion and personality everyone poured into it. This was my first time working on an exhibition from scratch and although my involvement was but-small, I learned two big things: 1) Good things do come to those who put themselves out there and 2) when you're open to change you'll be able to create something that's beyond everybody's expectations. Which is, like, ten times cooler than your initial idea.

You can see Resist! Take A Stand In Fashion until the 30th of September at OSCAM, Bijlmerdreef 1289, Amsterdam (free entry!).

2. I became a yogi

For years I said to myself, my mum, my sister, my dog, the train conducter and random strangers walking down the street: "I really should start doing yoga". And then I didn't. However things will find their way to you when you're ready to take the challenge. And this summer, after feeling out of balance and simply fed-up with myself, I was finally ready to *spit in hand and shake*. So I got myself a cheap mat, put on a sports bra and started wiggling my toes in 30+ degrees. Perhaps a ridiculously hot heat wave (we hit 38 degrees!!!) isn't the best time to start stretching a very unstretched body but, ya know, when you're going to sweat why not make it a productive sweat... Although I'm no real yogi yet, I've already learned and grown so much thanks to taking the time to work on my body/mind/soul/energy/life/stretchiness on a daily basis. I mean, I can now touch my toes! I also feel so much better in my skin and am trying to live a better life, be more mindful AND I CAN TOUCH MY TOES. My toes. I can touch them. #toetouching #touchmytoes #totoeornottotoe

3. I (almost) decluttered my room

When I was fourteen years old I couldn't sleep when a pen wasn't neatly outlined on my desk. However with the years I got over the crooked pen. And the pile of about-to-fall-over books. And the never ending accumulation of useless knick knacks taking up crucial shelf space. And the 'one day I will definitely need this' I-will-never-need-this sh*t conveniently placed next to my bed. And the outfit of yesterday, the day before yesterday and the day before that lying on my floor looking like the remainings of a beamed-up teen-trio now living their best lives flying through the galaxy on the run from their alien abductors while fighting bad guys and solving crimes... You get the image. Instead of pen-insomnia I convinced myself I was responsible for archiving anything and everything my sticky fingers touched. Turns out: I'm not. What a relieve! So these past couple of weeks I finally sat down and went through my piles of stuff, stuff and, guess what, some more stuff. Although my room still looks like a whirlwind has gotten the better of it, we're getting there...

What fun and inspiring things have you done this summer? Let me know in the comments below!


Love me do? Follow Fashioned by Pluche on Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin too!



Pin this post!



You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. whoop whoop what have you done a lot with regard to developing yourself. So very good of you. I am therefore
    proud of what you already have achieved .....
    Love Marjan



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS MUM! But seriously, it's nice and comforting to always have a shoulder there to lean on and to celebrate with you (and, naturally, to cry on. Lots and lots of crying...). Cheers to many more 'developments'. ;)

      Delete
  2. YES for becoming a Yogi! You won't go back now, once a Yogi, always a Yogi! Yoga is literally one of my favourite things ever, it's changed my entire life.

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inner voice wants to go tsssss BUT IT'S SO TRUE! Yoga has now already changed my life and I'm an absolute newbie! 10/10

      Delete
  3. From head to toe, I'm all yogi-de-pogi! Unfortunately my room looks a bit VERY messy at the moment but I've got a plan and the thought of the from-messy-to-clean plan makes me feel better already... ;) Oh how an organised and well-balanced life would lead to such greatness... one day.

    ReplyDelete