Happy 1st Birthday #Saarthepup! 5 Songs Dedicated To My Dog

by - September 17, 2018


Today is the birthday of my undeniably adorable four-pawed friend Sarah. Living with Saar has been a well-needed blessing. Her cheekiness and unstoppable love helps me to thrive through life. Having a puppy is hard work. But once you see them grow up into (occasionally) well-behaved doggos, you finally start to appreciate all those times desperately crying "Sarah, high five!" while she just stares at you confused munching on a shoelace. These songs go out to mah birthday gal and to all those who can fool any fool into sharing their food with them! The following tunes represent all the different degrees of dedication any dog in existence should be showered with...

1. Love at first sight

Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer, not a trace of doubt in my mind

I'm in love! Although sung by the wrong kind of animal, The Monkees with I'm A Believer perfectly sums up how your world changes just by the sight of a wagging tail.

2. Stop. It's puppy time.

Hyperactive when I was small, hyperactive now I'm tall, hyperactive as the day is long

Those who have a four-pawed friend know: dogs can go C-R-A-Z-Y from time to time. Not only is it a perfect delight to see them chase their own tails for ten minutes, but butterflies will fly out of your belly when they finally catch it and then let it go again. Hyperactive! by Thomas Dolby goes without explanation...

3. Cures any disease just by existing

This house just ain't no home anytime she goes away

"Where's the dog?" must be the most frequently uttered question in our household. And when it's answered with "outside", "upstairs" or "not here" you can hear Bill Withers passionately sing Ain't No Sunshine until our happy-meal reappears again.

4. Pooped in my shoe? I LOVE U SO MUCH!

Oh you pretty things, don't you know you're driving your mamas and papas insane

If you ask me there are only pros to being a dog owner as long as you're not too attached to your stuff. Otherwise sing through gritted teeth Oh! You Pretty Things by David Bowie and slowly feel nothing but heart-eye-emoji for your new interior designer.

5. I would die for you

You're the one that runs through my veins, like a hurricane, you lift the hurt I felt before

Paloma Faith starts Freedom with the biggest question of all time: If you left me, how could I go on? And the answer is: you don't. So protect every smol bean as good as you can and give them an exttra treat, pat on the head and thank them simply for existing. 'Cause where would humanity be without dogs? Nowhere, I tell ya!

Are you a cat or a dog person? Let me know in the comments below!




Love me do? Follow Fashioned by Pluche on Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin too!



Pin this post!



You May Also Like

0 comments