My Winter Style Essentials

by - December 21, 2015

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

An essential would be, in this time of year, to keep yourself warm and fuzzy. However, why not warm, fuzzy and stylish? I know, groundbraking stuff here. But I'm serious! You've got your basics, said like a true Fashionista, and now it's time to rumble! It's time for the musthaves that makes you YOU. This naturally depends on who YOU are, but this might be... inspirational, I guess (although I hate that word when it's pointed right at me. Inspirational my ass). Consider this as a little exercise. So without further ado: Here's a round up of 5 staple pieces that jingle all the way. In a good kind of way. Naturally.


1. The Coat
Or in my case it'll most probably be the coats. Coats, to me, are most probably what bags or shoes are for another (although, don't get me wrong, I love myself some bags and shoes...). I absolutely A-D-O-R-E coats. Can't have enough of them! Not only are they practical but they are also the first thing most people will see of you. Although, side note: you don't dress for people, you dress for yourself. And this self is very pleased with a nice coat hanging around her shoulders.


2. Anything fluffy goes
May the fur be with you! (sorry). Some Faux fur to underline the fact that NO it isn't 30 degrees outside and YES it's more likely minus 30 degrees outside and you're not ashamed to admit it. Maybe even embrace it (although I wouldn't take it that far when battling minus 30 degrees weather... Although, fun fact, this December -where I live- is probably the warmest December since EVAH, so maybe tone the fluff down a bit).


3. HAT-ishoo
Gesundheit! We all know that heat rises, especially when I walk into the room (I'm sorry, that's very inappropriate. But true. jk. I'm as cold as ice). Our heads are one of the main victims of heat escaping. A quivering lip in combination with goosebumbs is -on my list of essentials- something we need the flee from instead of embrace (lots of hugging today, apparently. The underlying story to take away from this post: give a good cuddle to the weather and say hi to goosebumbs. Take notes, take notes...). A hat, is the simple answer to all of your problems. ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS. And now you're at it, to take this to the next level, why not combine number three and two?! Anything fluffy goes, remember...


4. Jump for my love! 
Can I get any more cheesy? Yes, yes I can. However we're not here to discuss cheese... *ba dum tss* You basically can't go wrong with a jumper. Any jumper, really, even the 'ugly sweater' holds a special place in our hearts. I mean, there are even ugly sweater competitions AND people are very proud of their sweater if they win the title. What's ugy anyway? On that same thought train: what's beauty? A discussion you can hassle your family with while drinking hot chocolate. CHRISTMAS.


5. The Holy Grail
We've been very much concentrating on the upper part of the body, but how about downstairs? Don't you worry, any essentail list is worthless and utter crap when it doesn't mention a good pair of socks. In these colder temperatures (*ahum*) I like to grab a thicker pair to keep my tip toes toasted all day long!

And that's it! That wasn't so bad, was it... Any essentials I've missed, neglected or simply ignored?

Love,
Dominique


All pictures shown in this post can be found on my Pinterest page/profile/whatever it's called [here].

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. All I want for Christmas is fur fur fur.....

    love, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In these temperatures?! I think we're talking about a (fake, naturally) fur bikini! You're a die hard, really... ;) <3

      Delete