BANANAS IN PYJAMAS

by - July 26, 2014


I haven't really been wearing clothes lately. Well, I have been wearing my pyjamas, but I don't know if you could call that clothes. Like, proper clothes. Although, little confession, I am known in this household for bringing my clothes to bed and my pyjamas out of the door, if ya know what I mean *wink wink*. Also, on top of that confession (not that this sentence is going to end in a confession), I really love the pyjama look. Last season I think it was with Louis Vuitton autumn/winter 2013-2014 (as Google just whispered into my ear). I've got some vague memory that the Marc Jacobs show was very similar, but googling that I come across a more 1940's daily wear inspired amazingness which really makes me want to wear my new Chanel lipgloss (name dropping? me?? How ridiculous?!). Which I in return really wanted because of 1] The Veronicas and 2] after watching for the millionth time Never Tear Us Apart by Paloma Faith (which she covered from INXS, but he isn't wearing any glossy red lipgloss/lipstick). I've got the Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in #60 Exces which had a summer discount on it AND I had a voucher, so it practically costed me nothing! (well it did... boy, it did. But it looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to wear it!! And also, bonus, it looks so pretty!!).

Absolutely love the hair, reminds me of the Chanel Cruise Collection of 2014-2015, but then maybe a bit more shaped... yes.

I really want to wear clothes again. I don't have a closed closet anymore and evertyhing is 24/7 on display, so when I open my eyes everything is there (and when I close them *fingers crossed* they're still there. One can't be 100% certain...). I've got this "classic" pyjama from the Primark (cotton striped blouse with matching trousers) and I really just want to wear it as an outfit with heels a blazer or leather jacket and a hat (and then the lipgloss naturally), but my mum isn't that keen on the idea (and as long as I'm living at home, she approves everything I turn up in. So you know, everything I wear has been approved and sealed by the Mrs. (side note-- I had to Google Mrs, because I'm an idiot, but the "word" has been provided with 19 example sentences here's my top 3 of them:

1. In 1841, a Mrs Harriet Hatt noticed a strangely dressed man enter a shop.
2. In 1880 a Mrs Millner, a member of the Religious Society of Friends, started the Industrial Association in order to help distressed Irish gentlewomen in Mountmellick.
3. A century later, the Hull Ladies' Musical Union, founded at the home of a Mrs Dover of Hinderwell Street in the city, is still going strong.))

I'm thinking about making a lookbook for the online moving pictures world I sometimes engage myself with, just to find out that I'm boring and not good with camera's in general. Both things we already knew, and that's OK (said by someone who hasn't done it yet. Just being presumptuous here. Just saying). Everything's OK.

*breathes in*

*breathes out*

You just have to keep thinking positive. Like. Ya know. Rainbows and unicorns and cupcakes and pizza and confetti and balloons and some more pizza and good music and Chanel lipgloss and the general idea of being alive (without then feeling the doom and/or fear of it ending. No. Stop it). Rainbows, sunshine, magic, knitting, balls of wool, Jack and watching some Endeavour with a big cup of green tea. With two sugars please. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

These stripes represents me typing further a day later. Yay. Update:

1] I'm currently drinking a cup of green tea with two sugars in it (it took a day, but hey, I've got it!).


2] I've worn some "proper" clothes today. I am proud, indeed.

3] I've bought some "proper" clothes today (which frankly also can be worn as pyjamas. Keeping the theme, keeping the theme...).


I'm wearing thus an outfit I've bought at a market. I got drawn to the stand because of all the tie dye and sort of African/hippie inspired clothes. These were the last on the rack, so I got it for less! Yay for sale! I've paired it with some H&M shoes/slippers/heels (which I bought also in sale *high five*), this 80's/90's bow I got from a market (yet, not this market) and a bracelet from the Fairtrade shop a long time ago... used to wear it everyday... *sigh* I'm posing with a fruitcase from 1973 (as you may have read) which we have had for a long time, but I'm now planning to put it in my room with all kinds of junk in it so I don't see the junk but a crate with junk.

4] And a hat. I also got a hat. I love my hat. Hurrah for hats. Well done hats. Good on you.


Thought it would be smart to take a picture in the mirror, just to realize that I really should clean it. So I moved on to a less dusty mirror. You're welcome.


The hat is from H&M and was a bit on the pricey side, but I've been looking for this kind of hat everywhere and had already decided on it before I saw the pricetag. It was just meant to be, OK?! Also, in other news, my head looks a bit weird in all the pictures. I apologize. Also my hair is really frizzy (hereby stating that my hair isn't part of my face) because of the weather *damn you weather* (spoiler: my hair is always frizzy).

Also 5] I have tried to fondue today. I in the sentence of my mum, dad, sister and aunt. I in the sentence of getting a slight panic attack, which means no fondue for me (I'M NOT GONNA PUT THAT INTO MY MOUTH!! WATCH OUT BEFORE SOMEONE BURNS THYSELF!!! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!! THIS FONDUE WILL BE THE END OF US!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!) An overreaction? Might be. But watch my words. Watch. my. words. But anyway, before the meal was finished I had to leave the company because my stomach is still planning world domination. Or atleast body domination. Such a hazzle.


Look at all the bread I can't have.


Look at all those walnuts and croutons I can't have.


The fondue of DOOM!


Oh yes, unmade salad witout anything to appetize it with, I knew I could trust on you!


And some cold water. Guys, I'm touched...

And last but not least 6] Some new balls of wool arrived today in the post (more like strings of wool, oh well). Everything has been painted by hand and thus all is unique. I've got it in the colours Cheetah cub 2 and Howling wolves. So that's exciting.


In more news (because there'll be no end to this post mwahahahahahhaha (but goodies on those who've made it this far. Good on you. Good on me. Good on everybody. (I'm going slightly mad))). I'm currently reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (it's really funny) and Eine Studie in Scharlachrot by Arthur Conan Doyle (because you can never have read enough Sherlock Holmes in multiple languages. I've read it in English, I've read it in Dutch, I'm now reading it in German and am considering to read it in French. Although my French is really really bad (but by now I think I ought to know the story)).


And on my last note (this being my last note. For realzz) I'd like to leave you with some pictures I've taken not that long ago. They're mostly useless, but still I hope y'all enjoy this little extra something something. From me, to you. Roll the film! Or pictures. Whatever.


No blogpost is complete without a little shot from the region of the atmosphere and outer space seen from the earth aka the sky, so here ya go...


Love,
Dominique


1. Louis Vuitton autumn/winter 2013-2014
2. Same as above.
3. Marc Jacobs autumn/winter 2013-2014

You May Also Like

0 comments