TAKE ME HOME

by - January 26, 2015


There's nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
Jane Austen 

Jumpsuit: H&M | Gilet: Made by my mum | Tights: Hema | Shoes: H&M | Hat: Primark | Necklace: From my grandma | Bracelet: Lucardi

I love staying at home. It's probably one of my favourite things in life. I love my home. Home is where I can turn the heating on when it's cold and open the doors when it's hot. After being out and about, there's nothing like the feeling of coming home. However, this opinion sometimes begs to differ from others or atleast the feeling of home being something like a haven.


The sound of the wind is whispering in your head.
Can you feel it coming back?
Through the warmth, through the cold, keep running till we're there.
We're coming home now, we're coming home now.

The videoclip of Home by Dutch artist Dotan starts with three questions. 1) What if home is not a place, 2) what if home is not there to be found and 3) what if home is a soul hunting you.

These questions mainly depends on which definition of home we're talking about. Home for me isn't per se the actual excistense of the walls of my house (although it does help). Home for me is where my loved ones are. Wherever my parents, sister and dog are hanging out, is where I'll feel safe and secure. I've had the luck of being raised in a very tight and loving family and I think that the finding of a home is in some sense the finding of yourself. Finding a place or state of mind where you feel safe, secure and you being able to let go and grow with the elements that you're facing (and being in peace with it or at least being able to bounce off on occasions).

The other day I read somewhere (I can't remember where it's from, sorry) that sometimes home is just someone holding you close when you need it the most. And I think that that's the definition I relate to the most in the sense of home not being something materialistic but a feeling. Home is where the heart is, not where you've layed your bricks (but again, a nice surrounding does help sometimes).

Love,
Dominique

TumblrTwitter ♥ InstagramPinterestYoutube
 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Home is a special place. Not only physical but certainly mental. So I´m proud to give you that feeling of home.

    Love, Marjan

    ReplyDelete