Sunday Summary Week 25

by - June 21, 2015


And we'll never be royals (royals)
It don't run in our blood
That kind of luxe just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler (ruler)
You can call me queen Bee
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule
Let me live that fantasy
Lorde - Royals


This Saterday we (the usual bunch -so my mum, dad and I) went for a little outing. First stop was a charity shop in Bunnik. But besides a ridiculously high priced chair, no treasures were to be found (just to be clear: the chair didn't make the cut. A hundred euros for an old chair someone probably have died in? No thank you. If it was ten bucks we'd talk a different story). Thus we wanted to go somewhere that would always give a smile on our face, aka Old Harry's.


Old Harry's is an old favourite of mine. The place has been set up by Harry and Rieneke in 1998 and is an antiquities shop avant la lettre. The store is filled with all kinds of wonderful things. From big cabinets with old pictures and frames, to grand victorian doors and freaky dead animals (absolutely not my favourite part of them. They scare me to death! Skeletons I'm quite fine with, but those with still their fur on... I mean... the eyes! And the nose! And all of the nightmares that awaits... no no no no).

After a long snoop around, we settled on this whicker basket (à la Jane Birkin) and some scented candles. We indeed saw some magnificent doors, but they unfortunately would've been to high for our house. So we either had to saw a bit of the doors or make a hole in the roof. Neither sounded very attracting.


To end our Saturdays shenanigans we went to a charity shop in Zeist. I've never been to this one before, but I must say... well... you'll see in a few moments what I must say...

Besides the usual charity shop clothing content, my mother found a little pearl hanging in the racks. Aha. That's right. Who'd believe it?? A Christian Dior suit! asdkjhdfjksdhfsdkjfdlsfjklsjdkfjldsjflksjdfljfljsdflsjf


Man! I love charity shops in rich places! Naturally the price was a little higher on this one than your usual charity price (so instead of 1 euro I got it for 37,50 euros. I mean. asdfjkhdlasdjsajdlfjlsjasbgdjgsad And yes it's from the pret-a-porter line (so no haute couture just yet. Have to wait for an old extravagant to die and her husband -who's got no clue what designer labels even mean- donates her whole wardrobe to a charity shop. Not that I'm wishing for people to die, I'm just saying). And it fits me perfectly! Now that we've addressed the elephant in the room, I also found some other lovely bits... BUT WHO CARES I'VE GOT A BLOODY CHRISTIAN DIOR SUIT FROM THE CHARITY SHOP, ALL MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS SO ANNOYING TO READ ABOUT PEOPLE AND THEIR GOD FOR SAKEN FINDS OF A CHANEL HERE AND A DIOR THERE IN ALL KINDS OF CHARITY SHOPS WHILE YOU -WITH YOUR TRAINED EYES AND CHARITY SHOP KNOWLEDGE- NEVER FIND ANY SUCH THING. BUT NOW. WELL NOW I'M TO BE CROWNED QUEEN OF THE CHARITY SHOP!!! I'M PART OF THEIR SUPREME MEMEBERSHIP CLUB!!! BRING ON THOSE CHANEL BAGS AND OTHER LUXURY ITEMS!!!!

I'm sorry, was caps lock on the whole time while typing that? How rude. Anyway... As y'all might've noticed, I'm quite chuffed with the whole thing. That chuffed actually that I'm thinking about getting it dry cleaned. I've never ever have gotten anything dry cleaned but, ya know, anything for my dear Christian.


Now on a whole other note HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! We've taken mine out to a special place, but more about that coming soon... (as naturally also coming soon more on mr Dior and stuff... (I would've taken a picture of it, is it not that it's literally pouring cats and dogs outside and I really don't fancy to get bitten. So soon)).

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments