Mermaid's Tail Spencer

by - December 20, 2015


Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
The Little Mermaid - Under The Sea
 
Blouse: H&M | Cape: Miss Sissi | Trousers: Charity shop | Hat: Primark | Gloves: Primark |

This one is very easy and certainly gets its socalled 'oomph' because of the yarn I've used. This yarn -Angelina Lurex by Lammy Yarns Holland (which you can purchase yourself here)- is, in my eyes, just the leftovers of a mermaid's tail that's been through a rough time at a spinning wheel. Although I'm not one to complain, because it's just totally ABSOLUTELY amazing. Let's just say that it doesn't need much to impress... JUST LOOK AT IT!! (I know, I know, these pictures aren't a perfect example of the amazingness it entails, but just imagine... You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one). ;)

For someone who normally uses thicker yarn, this thinner version was first an obstacle to be overwon. But now, well, now I don't want anything less than manufactured mermaid's tail! Maybe a little bit of rainbow or unicorn that can persuaede me otherwise, but I'm definately hooked on mermaid's tail from now on...

"How can I go under the sea?", I hear you ask. Well, my dearest land creature, nothing to worry! Seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake, but not for long. I've written down this pearl hidden away in a mussel -in 4 easy steps- so you too can go deep under!


What I've used
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
4 mm knitting needles
2 balls of wool (100 gr equals 550 m)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


  1. You first have to cast on 142 stitches for the hem. The hem is 25 cm long and is in 2x2 ribbing.
  2. After those 25 cm, you'll start on the right side of your work in stocking stitch.
  3. When you've got up to 35 cm of stocking stitch, you can cast off.
  4. Repeat and jobs a goodun! (I said it was very easy, didn't I?!)

Just sew the sides up to where you've stopped ribbing (so 25 cm, for those who haven't paid attention) and don't forget the shoulders (15 cm each, leaving you with 20 cm headspace, if needed more you can naturally obviously sew a little less. Logic, presented to you on a plate. Full of fish. Aha.).


You'll be the absolute starfish this Christmas dinner when wearing this little number!

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Look good.
    And very important, it's very easy!!!
    Love the wool you've used ;)

    love, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dearest! Easy-peasy is always a must for me... ;)

      Delete