10 Things To Take With You To A Desert Island

by - January 22, 2016



The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.
Ralph W. Sockman

Is there anybody out there?

I'd written a very funny and clever intro for this list AND THEN (as most stories goes when someone types 'I did something good but....', like for instance 'I was helping this old lady crossing the street, but she didn't want to cross the street and then she went back on her own and got run over by this car and she died. Tragically'. This is the same thing. Sort of (not really (spoiler: nobody dies))) it was gone. I don't exactly know what happened, but black magic is being mentioned. It's such a loss, really. I'll never get those words back. Even worse: I'll never get those thoughts back that initiated those words in the first place... *sigh* The cruelty of technical difficulties...

ANYWAY, I had this 'fun' and 'clever' idea to go with this 'fun' and 'clever' intro, namely: 10 things to take with you to a desert island (inspired by my post on Wednesday, with the sun shining and long hair and no tights needed-situation). Hereby naturally disregarding any real suggestions you'll most definitely need to actually survive, but, ya know, the 'vain' and luxurious stuff you'd pack (side note: who's ever packed when going somewhere, keeping in mind that there would be a slight chance of them crashing on the way on a deserted island and thus especially packs for if that occasion might occur that day. That's the act of a pessimist, really).

What I'm going to take with me:

  1.  Red lipstick
  2. Those Miu Miu sunglasses
  3.  A big floppy hat
  4. 1930s Beach PJs (Yes, I will be the most fabulous desert island inhabitant EVER)
  5. An instant camera
  6. Adele
  7. A good book
  8. Lots and lots of notebooks with pencils AND sharpeners (I ain't no fool)
  9. A mobile phone with an internet connection and infinite range and a fully charged battery
  10. And... I forgot, because stupid computer decided to do stupid. Stupid.

What would you pack OR what wouldn't you pack? 

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. You can't go wrong with red lipstick! A staple! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! It doesn't matter where you are or who you are, a red lipstick is a must for every situation you get trapped in! ;)

      Delete