Sunday Summary Week 32

by - September 06, 2015


Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein   


"Ain't nobody got time for that!", I exclaimed after my mum told me to hurry up for the 100th time. "I've got a growing pile of clothes to sew, jumpers to knit, hats to crochet and don't get me talking about the French knitting! (not so sure what to do with it yet, but I'm working on it...). College just needs to back off and get in line."

"Hurry the f* up!!!!"

"Yeah, yeah."


Learning itself isn't the bad guy here. I love learning something new, to expand my knowledge and to impress my dog when in conversation. It's just the school-part that always gets the better of me. I don't like people, why are you forcing me to work with them together on a project that's so uninteresting it'll make the pope swear out of frustration (who's there naturally to say that the pope doesn't swear on a regular basis, but it's the thought that counts). I have been so foolish to go and follow this course, so I think it's only fair to regret the decision on my own. Alone. With some yarn and knitting needles.


I know, I know, I'm very privileged to even be in the position of complaining (or just ordinary moaning), but for the amount of money I'm paying AT LEAST offer some gluten free food in the canteen. In combination with my favourite tea. For free. Is that too much to ask? Oh! And naturally give me interesting topics to study and assignments that are educational yet fun (pro tip: cut the 'team-building' crap. Making 20-somethings cry because they've consequently used the wrong lettertype is just cruel). And then, I think, we'll get along fine. For now.

Raise your glass to a new schoolyear!
(when's the next holiday in sight?)

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments