Staycation & Other Made Up Words

by - September 03, 2015


By all these lovely tokens 
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's  best of cheer.
Helen Hunt Jackson


WARNING: The title of this post was conducted before the actual post was written. This post only features one made up word. (because I thought to myself "How hard can it be to think up some other made up words, right?". And my brain was like "Hahahahahaha, yeah.... *farts*". So then I thought to myself "How hard can it be to think up some other title". And my brain wasn't even there to answer the question, so we'll never know...).


I'm back! Back from my staycation, which is "a vacation spent in one's home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions." And to use the word in a sentence:

Raymond Miles, 41, a grocery manager who lives in the Bronx, 
ended up on an unplanned staycation last week.

Good on you Raymond! (or not so good, depending on the situation) I've googled where the Bronx is and I see you've got a lovely zoo and a Botanical Garden, several parks, a museum or two and even the cottage of Edgar Allan Poe is right under your thumb. We don't have that here, but still my staycation was pretty fine, thank you very much for asking. I'll be sharing some of the highlights soon, but first: who'd ever heard of the word staycation?


In my dictionary a vacation is a vacation, meaning you don't go to school or work or whatever preoccupies you on a daily basis. And that's it. Vacation. Or holiday if you're keen on singing some retro Madonna. Even my dearest Google Translate states that a vacation is spend away from home!

Stupid Google Translate. Not to be trusted.


I've been to a museum. Or two. Alright, maybe three. But it could've been four if only we had more willpower. I know, I know, but the brain gets kooky after too much culture (says the girl who actually studies culture and shizzle *sigh*).

I've also been swinging the old knitting needles around and STILL am not over the granny square (I know, I know, it's getting old know. But who'd thought that there were so many different kinds of squares in the world? I surely didn't. Although I never was good at maths).


If you're interested in more details on my STAYCATION, you should keep hanging around this place (because I'm certainly not letting this chance go by of the easy to chew-blogpost machine. Besides, who doesn't like reminiscing on their holiday when 'normal life' has started to take over again. Lets keep those spirits high, people!).

So what have y'all been up to? Been busy bees or just takin' it all relax and easy?

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments