Miss Marple

by - October 22, 2015


Who sends a written death threat? Surely not someone who truly intends 
to kill the recepient. It's common sense not to warn them.
Miss Marple from Agatha Christie's Marple: At Bertram's Hotel

| Dress: Made by my mum | Blouse: H&M | Spencer: Made by my grandma | Neck scarf: Old one from my mum | Long Scarf: Made by my mum | Jacket: Charity Shop | Tights: Primark | Shoes: H&M | Hat: Vintage | Magnifying glass: From my grandpa | Walking stick: Robbed from an old lady. jk. From my aunt | Lipstick: Chanel Rouge Coco #117 Magnolia |

She's the match of every murderer she meets. She's a brainchild of Agatha Christie and best buddies with Poirot (or at least I imagine them together sipping some tea and being questionably vague to one another every odd night). You've guessed it! None other than Miss Marple herself is here to join your party tonight. Or any night. You know what they say: a Marple a day keeps the doctor away. Or at least the murderer. Well, the murderer will get caught in the end, if that's a soothing thought for your stiff dead body. Fun fact: Angela Lansbury, best known for her role as Jessica B. Fletcher in Murder, She Wrote, has also once taken on the role of Miss Marple. It takes one to know one, I guess.


You don't have to spray paint yourself green, roll around in glitter or glue some fake fangs onto your teeth to look presentable for a costume party. Or just a lazy Sunday morning (I don't judge either way). Just take a deep breathe and jump into the wild ocean that's called your wardrobe. You'll find the most amazing things! Maybe perhaps even some pieces that will transform you into one of the greatest sleuths of all time...


Keywords for Miss Marple's wardrobe is the use of neutral colours, classic fabrics (think for instance tweed, wool, linen etc.) and naturally the use of a distinctive nose for annoying constables and solving crimes. Don't mind me sitting in the corner knitting, drinking tea and mumbling away, I'm just solving a most difficult murder full of intrigues and plot twists as a way of keeping myself occupied. What else is an old lady like me supposed to do?


So grab yourself a magnifying glass, put on your inquisitive deductive reasoning detective-face and go solve some murders! Or, ya know, you could always just grab yourself an Agatha Christie novel. Or, just sit in the corner knitting. Thinking about, well, puppies and kittens and all kinds of loveliness. Or Murder. Whatever you please...

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments