I'M LOVING IT | MAY

by - May 31, 2014


I love chocolate. However, because of my allergies, I can't just grab any old chocolate something. So when I saw this chocolate spread from Sweet William, I couldn't believe my luck! Now this is not just any kind of chocolate spread, but chocolate spread that's gluten free, dairy free, nut free (and also not made in a factory where nuts are being processed *high five*), it's Halal, it's Kosher, it's got a low GI, it's suitable for vegans and now with 60% less sugar AND it tastes good (which is like also very important). It's got it all! It's magic! It's Australian!

Another chocolate related favourite this month, also by Sweet William, is this white chocolate bar. It tastes so delicious! (I've "accidently" eaten half of the bar in one go. Naughty me). And once again it's got the whole list checked off. Amazing... Truly amazing... (as you might understand, this month hasn't been that healthy due to good chocolate and school stress).


I must say that the colour green is ever in my favor, but this month especially. I've caught the green fever (hereby not talking hay fever *ahchoo*). Some nice green nail polishes, some nice greenish socks... (all from Hema) I've got it all. I declare green to be the colour of this summer! And pink. And brown. And yellow. And... well, this obviously deveats my point...

I don't know why but almost everytime I go to Central Station Amsterdam, I come home with a magazine I absolutely love. This month I've snatched two lovely magazines from the stand. The first one is called Entourage and is filled with all kinds of amazing (old) fashion photo's. It looks so deluxe and extravagance, maybe I should take some classes or two... The second magazine is the well known I-D magazine, but what I didn't knew was that they had an interview with Tavi Gevinson in it, so I doubled my luck! I love the pictures Petra Collins has made. The feel is quite nostallgic but also very forward in some weird way. Some highlights depicted below...


On the 9th of May a Pull&Bear shop opened in Amsterdam. Demi and I simultaneously happened to be in town and visited the store on opening day. I personally had never heard of the brand, but Demi had and told me it was Spanish. Or atleast I think that's what she told me. The store looks quite cool with bits and pieces of caravan sticked to their walls and a fake fire place. It's supposed to be homely out-doors looking or something. I quite like it. Upstairs there's a mens section and in the middle there they've put one of those Volkswagen hippie busses and filled the back with shoes you can buy. Thus conclusion, aesthetically it all looked prima donna. Demi and I both bought a tee (not the same mind you). I got this one which I think looks exactly like Jack. But my dad thinks it's a Beagle and he'll let me know his opinion everytime I wear it (basically, he makes fun of me and my tee. It's a Jack Russell I tell ya!). What do ya'll think: Jack or Beagle (if one of you says Beagle, I don't know who you are, but I will find you and I will... make you say that it looks like Jack. Threatening, I know).


This month I've revisited an old song I absolutely loved and obviously still do. The song isn't a real oldie (although, some time has passed already). Now, I might share what song it is. Obviously. Otherwise this all would be useless. Alright, the song is called The Pretender from the Foo Fighters. The lyrics, naturally, are absolutely brilliant:

I'm the voice inside your head you refuse to hear
I'm the face that you have to face mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right, I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that will take you down, bring you to your knees
So who are you?

And the videoclip is so sharp and to me a perfect resemblance of the feeling I get when listening to it (a weird mixture of empowering, fight lust, insecurity and self doubt -but in a good way).

If you will be so kind, please let me know what ya'll been loving this month (or the next or whenever wherever).

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments