SUNDAY SUMMERY WEEK 2

by - January 11, 2015

1. Me trying to be "artistic"... | 2. All dressed, but no one to impress (except for the dog, but he doesn't care). | 3. Happy 80th birthday Elvis! | 4. Back to school...

And I know that it's a wonderful world
But I can't feel it right now
Well I thought that I was doing well
But I just want to cry now
James Morrison - Wonderful World

It's important to remember that every action has a reaction and that some reactions are overacted. It's sometimes hard to keep both feet on the ground. I'm one that can get caught up into a situation and making more out of it than it basically is. I sometimes feel that someone is personally attacking me, while in hindside it's hardly an attack than criticism. Attack is actually dramatic without the need of someone turning it into more than it is.

It's funny, not in the funny-sense of the word, how things can be put into perspective in almost literally one blow. Most revelations happen on a toilet or under the shower or in bed (as can be backed up by most films), because then we take the time not being connected with the whole world and process what actually have happened and what this perhaps means to you (and how it, compared to the real tragedies in life, is mostly just you -me- overacting a situation). I say toilet/shower/bed, although apparently about 80% of the population (or another ridiculous amount) are having trouble sleeping because of their mobile phone. Because they're affraid to miss out on something. Also it's apparently quite common to be accompanied by your phone while you're doing your business on the toilet. The shower I think is safe for now, but who can tell for the future...

The moment you take time to actually think instead of reacting immediately, gives you the ability to re-evaluate a situation. I'm not one that likes to speak her mind, which gives me the opportunity to think and think and think about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. This gives me the time to get really angry and upset and then to GET OVER IT. That's the most important part. I can dwell over a lot of things again and again and again, but it's important for your (my) own health to get up and get over it (just a little reminder there).

I don’t think it does any good to prescribe the right way to feel and act and respond to the world’s injustices. But how do you channel your energy effectively and productively? How do you avoid imposing your worldview? How do you dignify your own feelings without valuing them over others’?

What I think I'm trying to type down here (in a non political, non making a statement way): The world is wonderful and weird and tragic. Situations sometimes need to be put into context and perspective before we realize what kind of stupid, whiny, overdramatic, asdfghjkl people we are and think about the things that are important and worth thinking about again and again and again. There's nothing wrong with reacting to a situation, if you just keep in mind that it isn't the end of the world. Yet. And that there are more important things going on that sets off a chain reaction and most possibly ruins lifes and creates others and, well, being shitty and wonderful at the same time.

That's life
(That's life)
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April, shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life
(That's life)
And as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks stomping on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'Cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around
Frank Sinatra - That's Life


Love,
Dominique


TumblrTwitter ♥ InstagramPinterestYoutube
 

You May Also Like

0 comments