KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

by - October 01, 2014

It's October everybody! And you know what that means... soon it'll be Halloween and Christmas and then it's already 2015. Never have I ever imagined to be living in 2015. Nor did I ever reckon with 2014. Basically everything past 2010 used to be unimaginable for me. And lets face it, we're already half way! Within a blink of an eye we'll be *hopefully* in 2020. Now if that isn't alien, than I don't know what is. However, at the moment I'm not feeling it. The general feeling of it has completely escaped me. It hereby not only referencing back to the fact that the 90's are no longer 10 years ago (as will be mentioned every two or so posts down at Tumblr). In fact I'm turning 2-0 this very October...
*existential breakdown*

Young woman, you're going to be an old woman someday. Don't worry about it, don't sweat it. Don't worry about getting older. Every era it builds character.
The Idiosyncratic Fashionistas via Advanced Style

Now the only way to cope with this is naturally to deny it all. I've lived most of my life in denial and I'm just doing fine. *eye twitches* And since I'm an expert of some sorts (I'm not really, but for the sake of this post I am. Just bare with me), I thought twas about time that I'll be sharing my secrets with you. Yes YOU. Lucky you. So lets get this party started, shall we...


1. Drink some tea.
Put the kettle on and let your thoughts boil with the water. Just let it boil. Take a deep breath and before you know it the thing goes *click*. Pour yourself a nice cuppa. Well done! Now you could eloborate on this subject by for instance eating a biscuit. There. Doesn't that make you feel ten times better already?


2. Get a dog.
Now this part is very crucial, so pay attention! First you'll need to get yourself a Jack Russell named Jack (or more unconventially yet very charming Russell). Give him a foreign identity and make a personalized theme tune for him. For instance I've got a Jack Russell named Jack (non, c'est Monsieur Jack). He's English but thinks he's French. He also thinks he's a cat. Silly Jack. His theme tune goes: Je m'appelle Jack, Jack le chat. He also likes to move his paws on Another One Bites the Dust. Isn't That funny? Or sad? You decide. (sidenote: it's funny).


3. Distract yourself.
Unfortunately you can't keep bothering your dog forever. You really can't... So inbetween cuddle time you should always have a back up plan. Get a hobby! Knit some jumpers, paint some paintings, read a book, eat some pizza, go online shopping or write a blogpost. Whatever you do, try something that's mind numbing (let all those thoughts go! Let it go! Let it goooooo!). It really doesn't matter what you do. Even the most mundane tasks will measure up to the needed distraction. From now on even going to the dentist has its bright sides! (I personally wouldn't make a hobby out of it, though. Fun fact: Even dentists are afraid of dentists). A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down! Although no dentist would recommend you to do so...


4. Let someone distract you.
Someone in this sentence can also be your dog. If he wants you to throw something out of the door so he can chase it, you throw something out of the door. Simple as that. In addition, let someone send you a sweet card (someone in this sentence can also be you. Because you're worth it!).

5. Singalong songs.
And Last but not least, get those lungs in action! No, I'm not talking excercise, silly you. Create a playlist excisting solidly out of songs that were produced before 2010. Just drink some tea, cuddle your dog, go to the dentist, write some love notes to him and serenade it on the beat of One Love.
There. My job is done.

Love,
Dominique

You May Also Like

0 comments